Now you can uncover the secrets behind accessing and retrievingdata from a wide range of data sources such as SQL Server and XMLsources. This book walks you through the array of ADO.NET 2.0features and clearly shows you how they can be used to developdatabase-driven web applications in ASP.NET.
You'll first gain an in-depth understanding of the data sourcecontrols that enable data binding in the ASP.NET platform. Nextyou'll uncover the advanced features of ASP.NET, including sitenavigation, implementing sorting and paging, and editing data intemplates. You'll then focus on designing transactions in ADO.NET2.0, displaying data, and utilizing SQL Server 2005 XML.
Throughout the chapters, you'll find examples and source codethat you can integrate into your applications. This will enable youto leverage ADO.NET and ASP.NET features so you can easily create ascalable N-Tier web site.
What you will learn from this book
- All about the new ASP.NET page architecture, data controls, andcode sharing features
- How to work with hierarchical XML data
- Ways to fine-tune formatting with templates
- Tips for providing transaction support in your businessapplications
- Techniques for creating high performance web sites with theadvanced features of ADO.NET 2.0
- How to build better architected applications using the new XMLdata type in SQL Server 2005
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate or experienced programmers whohave started developing with ASP.NET and are familiar withrelational databases such as SQL Server. The ASP.NET example codeis written in C#.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written byworking programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.