Now you can uncover the secrets behind accessing and retrieving data from a wide range of data sources such as SQL Server and XML sources. This book walks you through the array of ADO.NET 2.0 features and clearly shows you how they can be used to develop database-driven web applications in ASP.NET.
You'll first gain an in-depth understanding of the data source controls that enable data binding in the ASP.NET platform. Next you'll uncover the advanced features of ASP.NET, including site navigation, implementing sorting and paging, and editing data in templates. You'll then focus on designing transactions in ADO.NET 2.0, displaying data, and utilizing SQL Server 2005 XML.
Throughout the chapters, you'll find examples and source code that you can integrate into your applications. This will enable you to leverage ADO.NET and ASP.NET features so you can easily create a scalable N-Tier web site.
What you will learn from this book
- All about the new ASP.NET page architecture, data controls, and code sharing features
- How to work with hierarchical XML data
- Ways to fine-tune formatting with templates
- Tips for providing transaction support in your business applications
- Techniques for creating high performance web sites with the advanced features of ADO.NET 2.0
- How to build better architected applications using the new XML data type in SQL Server 2005
Who this book is for
This book is for intermediate or experienced programmers who have started developing with ASP.NET and are familiar with relational databases such as SQL Server. The ASP.NET example code is written in C#.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.