ASP.NET 2.0 is an amazing technology that allows you to develop websites and applications with very little hassle, and its power anddepth enable it to host even the most complex applicationsavailable. Using code examples in C#, this invaluable beginner'sguide shows you how to program web applications in ASP.NET 2.0 andsee dynamic results with minimal effort.
Through detailed explanations and working C# code examples, thispopular author team eases you into the world of ASP.NET developmentand gradually introduces you to all sorts of interesting ASP.NETtricks and tools. You'll quickly see how ASP.NET 2.0 is designed toensure a significant reduction in the amount of code you have towrite—and, in turn, to make your life easier.
What you will learn from this book
- Why Visual Web Developer is an ideal environment for buildingfeature-rich ASP.NET 2.0 applications with C#
- How to secure web sites, providing login functionality androle-based access to content
- Useful techniques for safely updating data, using ASP.NET 2.0'sbuilt-in data handling capabilities
- How centralized site design can be easily achieved
- How to add e-commerce functionality to a site
- Methods for enhancing an application's performance
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone new to web programming who wants toprogram dynamic, feature-rich web applications in ASP.NET 2.0. Itwill also be ideal for programmers seeking to upgrade their ASP 3knowledge to ASP.NET, or programmers from non-Microsoft webdisciplines who need to learn ASP.NET 2.0.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.