Offering readers the solid fundamentals of database concepts and data manipulation with C#, this book explains database management system (DBMS) types and features and covers SQL, ASP.NET applications, web services, and transaction management techniques, including how to deal with concurrency issues.
Serving as an ideal teaching tool on building database applications using C#, the book also looks at both visual techniques and data binding and programmatic data access. Real-world examples, new database techniques, and try-it-out exercises all contribute to helping you put your reading about database applications into practice.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use queries, views, and stored procedures to access and manipulate data from your applications
- How to use custom data access code to implement an n-tier design for your applications
- Ways to work with disconnected data
- How to write functions and stored procedures in C#
- How to use Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Express and other free Express products, which are all you need for this book
Who this book is for
This book is for beginning C# 2005 developers who already have some experience with C# 2005 developing Windows® and ASP.NET applications.
Wrox Beginning guides
are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.