Offering readers the solid fundamentals of database concepts anddata manipulation with C#, this book explains database managementsystem (DBMS) types and features and covers SQL, ASP.NETapplications, web services, and transaction management techniques,including how to deal with concurrency issues.
Serving as an ideal teaching tool on building databaseapplications using C#, the book also looks at both visualtechniques and data binding and programmatic data access.Real-world examples, new database techniques, and try-it-outexercises all contribute to helping you put your reading aboutdatabase applications into practice.
What you will learn from this book
- How to use queries, views, and stored procedures to access andmanipulate data from your applications
- How to use custom data access code to implement an n-tierdesign for your applications
- Ways to work with disconnected data
- How to write functions and stored procedures in C#
- How to use Microsoft® SQL Server 2005 Express and otherfree Express products, which are all you need for this book
Who this book is for
This book is for beginning C# 2005 developers who already havesome experience with C# 2005 developing Windows® and ASP.NETapplications.
Wrox Beginning guides
are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.