Develop the skills you need in the real world
Hit the ground running with the street-smart training you'llfind in this practical book. Using a "year in the life" approach,it gives you an inside look at network administration, with keyinformation organized around the actual day-to-day tasks,scenarios, and challenges you'll face in the field. This valuabletraining tool is loaded with hands-on, step-by-step exercisescovering all phases of network administration, including:
- Designing a network
- Implementing and configuring networks
- Maintaining and securing networks
- Troubleshooting a network
An invaluable study tool
This no-nonsense book also covers the common tasks thatCompTIA expects all its Network+ candidates to know how toperform.
So whether you're preparing for certification or seekingpractical skills to break into the field you'll find theinstruction you need, including:
- Choosing an Internet access technology
- Configuring wireless components
- Determining optimal placement of routers and servers
- Setting up hubs, switches, and routers
- Configuring a Windows® client
- Troubleshooting your network
The Street Smarts series is designed to help current oraspiring IT professionals put their certification to work for them.Full of practical, real world scenarios, each book features actualtasks from the field and then offers step-by-step exercises thatteach the skills necessary to complete those tasks. And because theexercises are based upon exam objectives from leading technologycertifications, each Street Smarts book can be used as a lab manualfor certification prep.