Develop the skills you need in the real world
Hit the ground running with the street-smart training you'll find in this practical book. Using a "year in the life" approach, it gives you an inside look at network administration, with key information organized around the actual day-to-day tasks, scenarios, and challenges you'll face in the field. This valuable training tool is loaded with hands-on, step-by-step exercises covering all phases of network administration, including:
- Designing a network
- Implementing and configuring networks
- Maintaining and securing networks
- Troubleshooting a network
An invaluable study tool
This no-nonsense book also covers the common tasks that CompTIA expects all its Network+ candidates to know how to perform.
So whether you're preparing for certification or seeking practical skills to break into the field you'll find the instruction you need, including:
- Choosing an Internet access technology
- Configuring wireless components
- Determining optimal placement of routers and servers
- Setting up hubs, switches, and routers
- Configuring a Windows® client
- Troubleshooting your network
The Street Smarts series is designed to help current or aspiring IT professionals put their certification to work for them. Full of practical, real world scenarios, each book features actual tasks from the field and then offers step-by-step exercises that teach the skills necessary to complete those tasks. And because the exercises are based upon exam objectives from leading technology certifications, each Street Smarts book can be used as a lab manual for certification prep.