If you're just beginning to dive into the world of 3D, this is thebook for you."
The Academy Award® winning Maya® 3D animation andeffects software is the first choice of film and video artists,game developers, and 3D design professionals. Discover how tobuild, render, and animate your own digital models and scenes, andbegin to develop professional-level Maya skills with IntroducingMaya 8: 3D for Beginners.
The latest edition of this popular bestseller is the idealinitiation to 3D and Maya. Starting with the basics, it builds fromthe ground up, combining straightforward text with practicalexamples that make it fun and easy to learn Maya's core featureswhile introducing new Maya 8 elements such as improved polygontools and enhanced rendering with mental ray. Clear-cut, engaginglessons let you experiment using the wealth of files provided onthe CD. You'll also find an abundance of instructional andinspirational Maya creations in the full-color insert.
The enclosed CD features images, movies, and scene files thatlet you view material from the book right on your own computer.Tackle all-new rendering and dynamics tutorials and much more. TheCD includes Maya Personal Learning Edition software.
Enter a New Dimension
- Get a solid grasp of core 3D and Computer Graphicsconcepts
- Learn to navigate the Maya 8 interface
- Experiment with modeling by creating a hand, an axe, and alocomotive
- Explore the basics of NURBS, polygons, and subdivisionsurfaces
- Discover the nuances of shading and texturing
- Rig a locomotive model for automated animation
- Create more natural lighting with mental ray soft shadowmaps
- Use Maya's Render Layers and an Ambient Occlusion pass forgreater reality
Learn how to create an IK walk cycle.