Knowledge is power, and the power can be yours
While Oracle continues to improve the security features of its product, it still has a long way to go. David Litchfield has devoted years to relentlessly searching out the flaws in this ubiquitous database system and creating defenses against them. Now he offers you his complete arsenal to assess and defend your own Oracle systems.
Like The Shellcoder's Handbook and The Database Hacker's Handbook, this in-depth guide explores every technique and tool used by black hat hackers to invade and compromise Oracle. It shows you how to find the weak spots and defend them. Without that knowledge, you have little chance of keeping your databases truly secure.
- Discover how to deal with the security flaws revealed in the Oracle RDBMS
- Explore some never-before-published forays into Oracle security holes and learn to defend them from attack
- Learn why independent security assessments are not necessarily a guarantee of safety
- See how Oracle 10g Release 2 has improved its security features and where the flaws remain
- Take advantage of extensive and valuable code downloads on the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/go/ohh
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/go/ohh