Web 2.0 architecture opens up an incredible number of options for flexible web design, creative reuse, and easier updates. Along with covering the key languages and techniques of Web 2.0, this unique book introduces you to all of the technologies that make up Web 2.0 at a professional level. Throughout the chapters, you'll find code for several example applications built with popular frameworks that you'll be able to utilize.
What you will learn from this book
- How Web 2.0 applications are developed
- New ways to get the major client-side technologies to work together
- The new class of emerging tools
- All about HTTP and URIs, XML, syndication, microformats, and Web Services
- Techniques for implementing and maintaining your URI space
- How to serve XML over HTTP
- Steps for building mashups to aggregate information from multiple sources
- Methods for enhancing security in your applications
Who this book is for
Wrox Professional guides
are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.