Shorten the learning curve and quickly leverage the power of Drupal
Drupal is an open source framework and content management system used to create web sites that is known for its steep learning curve. This introduction offers you a clear and solid understanding of Drupal so that you can get started programming a Drupal site immediately. Author Jacob Redding walks you through the installation and configuration of a Drupal web site and presents a clear understanding of Drupal's hook system, theming layer, views, and API. Throughout the book, helpful examples and step-by-step instructions provide you with a strong proficiency in the power and capabilities of Drupal.
- Addresses ways to manage and moderate comments on your site
- Looks at why Drupal's node system is the pivotal structure of Drupal
- Explains the basics of the views modules and shows you how to control the output of your content
- Guides you through Drupal's built-in themes and modifying them to suit your needs
- Examines the power of Drupal's community and demonstrates how to become engaged with it
- Covers the entire module-development process, including creating custom configuration settings, blocks, and database tables
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.