Shorten the learning curve and quickly leverage the power ofDrupal
Drupal is an open source framework and content management systemused to create web sites that is known for its steep learningcurve. This introduction offers you a clear and solid understandingof Drupal so that you can get started programming a Drupal siteimmediately. Author Jacob Redding walks you through theinstallation and configuration of a Drupal web site and presents aclear understanding of Drupal's hook system, theming layer, views,and API. Throughout the book, helpful examples and step-by-stepinstructions provide you with a strong proficiency in the power andcapabilities of Drupal.
- Addresses ways to manage and moderate comments on yoursite
- Looks at why Drupal's node system is the pivotal structure ofDrupal
- Explains the basics of the views modules and shows you how tocontrol the output of your content
- Guides you through Drupal's built-in themes and modifying themto suit your needs
- Examines the power of Drupal's community and demonstrates howto become engaged with it
- Covers the entire module-development process, includingcreating custom configuration settings, blocks, and databasetables
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learningprogramming languages and technologies easier than you think,providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you throughall the techniques involved.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as codesamples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters and tables of contents forhundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.