Since its release in 2005, Joomla! has become one of the most popular open-source content management systems in the world. It is used by millions of people to build and maintain professional, easy-to-manage sites. Written with an approachable and informative writing style, this hands-on book introduces you to Joomla! and gets you started with using this powerful, versatile tool for developing and managing Web sites.
Joomla! guru Cory Webb teaches you the concepts that every beginner should know. He walks you through the process of building a Web site with Joomla! and reinforces the topics discussed throughout the chapters with real-world examples. You'll gain a clear understanding of Joomla! and learn how to get things done within the Joomla! framework. Using this book, you will be able to harness the power of Joomla! to accomplish the goals you want to achieve with your Web site.
What you will learn from this book
- How to understand and use the language and jargon of Joomla!
- How to extend Joomla!'s functionality (components, modules, plugins, templates, and languages
- What concepts are involved in building custom Joomla! templates
- How to set up sections, categories, and articles
- Ways to test your site and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Tips and tricks for achieving non-standard functionality in Joomla!
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone interested in using Joomla! to build a Web site.
Updates, source code, and Wrox technical support at www.wrox.com