Here's how to make money doing something you love
Digital photography has you hooked. And you're pretty good at it. If you want to turn that hobby into a moneymaking venture, here's the advice you need from someone who's done it. With input from other professional photographers and specialists, Erin Manning presents a smorgasbord of ideas for generating cash from your photography, plus the nuts and bolts of marketing yourself, managing your money, protecting your work, and staying legal. Ask yourself. . .
What do I enjoy?
- Assess your interests, skills, personality, and comfort zone
What do I need?
- Learn about camera equipment and software
What shall I shoot?
- Explore specialties: portraits, sports, weddings, products, food, and travel
Who'll buy my stuff?
- Discover consumers and businesses who buy what you shoot
How should I market it?
- Learn to research your market, develop your brand, and market effectively
How do I run a business?
- Develop a business plan, register your name, copyright your work, set prices, and manage your cash flow