Craft, Implement, and Measure Winning PPC Campaigns
Praise for Pay-Per-Click Search Engine Marketing:An Hour aDay
"Szetela and Kerschbaum have crafted a comprehensive how-tomanual that should be on every marketer's bookshelf. Read it tounderstand the phenomenon that's moving from the search resultspages to hot social media properties like Facebook andLinkedIn."
John Sculley, Venture Partner, Rho Ventures; former CEO,Apple Computer and Pepsi; and author of??Odyssey
"David Szetela has earned an enviable reputation as ano-nonsense teacher and practitioner of pay-per-click advertising.This book reduces this complex topic into simple, daily practicesthat bring more customers with superior return on your investment.This book includes advanced techniques and concepts that 90% ofyour competition has never seen."
Perry Marshall, author of??The Ultimate Guide to GoogleAdWords
"David Szetela is like a mad genius of paid search, uncoveringan enormous breadth of specific techniques you should be applyingto your direct response marketing efforts. Unlike most madgeniuses, there is a remarkable clarity to David's writing."
Andrew Goodman, President of Page Zero Media and author ofWinning Results with Google AdWords, 2nd Edition
"David Szetela does a wonderful job in covering all aspects ofcreating an effective and efficient pay-per-click program. His bookis likely to become a classic in the field."
Al Ries, coauthor of War in the Boardroom??and??Positioning:The Battle for Your Mind
A Step-by-Step Guide
This detailed resource helps you develop, implement, measure,and manage successful pay-per-click ad campaigns by following asmart, proven, hour-a-day plan for success. The expert authors helpyou learn PPC basics and employ savvy strategies for everythingfrom positive and negative keywords to click pricing, ad testing,conversion tracking, and more.
- Understand the basics of the PPC machinethe auctionmodel, ranking algorithms, and what happens after viewersclick
- Make sure you're competition-ready with great ad copy andoptimized landing pages
- Master the tactics of bidding for position and for keywords,then launch your campaign and monitor results
- Explore the art and science of pay-per-click advertising andsee why content and search advertising complement each other
- Set dates and budgets, research your competitors' keywords,define your own, and set up Google Analytics
- See how to leverage Google's content network to make yourstrategy a success
- Go mobile with targeted search and content for mobiledevices
- Understand the differences in the Big Three searchenginesGoogle, Yahoo!®, and Microsoft Bingand howthey affect your campaign
- Gather, interpret, report, and act upon the data you collectfrom your campaign
- Download useful templates and tools from the book's officialsite
You'll also find:
- Advanced tips and techniques for the AdWords Editor
- Real-world "From the Trenches" case studies that illustratesuccesses to learn from and mistakes to avoid
- A step-by-step introduction to Facebook PPC ad creation,targeting, and reporting