Build rich web sites with the latest version of ASP.NET
ASP.NET is the part of the .NET Framework that enables you to build rich, dynamic web sites. The latest version–ASP.NET 4–boasts numerous improvements to the previous iteration, including Web Forms enhancements and jQuery support. This step-by-step book walks you through building rich web sites with ASP.NET 4 and is packed with in-depth examples in both C# and VB. With hands-on exercises that take you right into the action, you'll learn how to build web sites firsthand while you get a good look at what goes on behind the scenes when you view an ASP.NET 4 page in your browser.
Beginning ASP.NET 4:
- Demonstrates how to build ASP.NET 4 web pages
- Explains adding features with pre-built server controls
- Reviews working with the development tools to create ASP.NET web sites
- Shares techniques for creating consistent-looking web sites
- Teaches you how to implement jQuery and AJAX techniques in your web sites
- Shows you how to work with databases and the Microsoft® ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Addresses securing and personalizing your site
- Investigates exception handling, debugging, and tracing pages
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.