“Analytics is vitally important, and no one explains it moreelegantly, more simply, or more powerfully than Avinash Kaushik.Consider buying up all the copies of this book before yourcompetition gets a copy.”
—Seth Godin, author, Tribes
“Lots of companies have spent lots of time and moneycollecting data—and sadly do little with it. In WebAnalytics 2.0, Avinash Kaushik helps us grasp the importance ofthis underused resource and shows us how to make the most of onlinedata and experimentation.”
—Dan Ariely, Professor of Behavioral Economics, DukeUniversity, and author of Predictably Irrational
“Kaushik takes the witchcraft out of analytics. If venturecapitalists read this book, they would fire half of the CEOs thatthey've funded.”
—Guy Kawasaki, Co-founder of Alltop & GarageTechnology Ventures
“When people ask, ‘who is the smartest guy in theroom when it comes to online marketing?’ only one name comesto mind: Avinash Kaushik. His new book Web Analytics 2.0 should beon every marketer’s desk. It’s powerful, awesome andactionable.”
—Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image & author ofSix Pixels of Separation
Shift to Data-Driven Decision Making and Leverage theComplete Power of All Web Data
The Web, online marketing, and advertising have beenrevolutionized in the last few years, yet the approach to usingdata has remained largely the same as a decade ago. Web analyticsthought leader Avinash Kaushik presents the next-generationframework of web analytics in this exciting book that willdramatically enhance the ability of your organization to thinksmart and move fast.
In this book, Avinash lays out specific strategies and executionmodels to evolve from simply leveraging clickstream tools toincorporating the insightful elixir of qualitative data,experimentation and testing, and competitive intelligencetools.
While expanding upon the industry-shaping lessons from hisbestselling book Web Analytics: An Hour a Day, Avinash explains howto measure, analyze, and act upon today's quickly evolving webtechnologies and trends—including social media, video,mobile, and online user-centric design options. As he updatestraditional approaches, Avinash debunks myths, identifies traps,and reveals specific, simple and advanced methodologies totransform your thinking, making this book the ultimate guide forall web professionals.
- Discover the solutions for the hardest challenges, includingmultichannel analytics and multitouch campaign attributionanalysis
- Quantify the holistic economic value of your website andmeasure macro and micro conversions for ecommerce, non-ecommerce,and B2B websites
- Profit from analytical methodologies that attack the holytrinity of search: internal site search, pay-per-click marketing,and search engine optimization
- Pinpoint the most relevant Key Performance Indicators for yourorganization and create actionable dashboards that drivechange
- Master crucial emerging analytics fields includingTwitter®, YouTube®, blogs, mobile, and rich-mediaanalytics
- Leverage experimentation and testing to create trulycustomer-centric websites and innovate by failing faster
- Create data-driven bosses and organizations, and cultivate theskills and background you need for a successful analyticscareer
- Continue learning with four hours of video, an hour of audio,and valuable presentations, templates, and models on the CD