Craft and Implement a Winning Twitter Marketing Strategy
A Step-by-Step Guide
Twitter has rocketed into the mainstream and is vastly changing how your customers view products and brands. Learn how to leverage Twitter for your business with this smart, practical guide from social media expert Hollis Thomases, who shows you how to design, implement, and measure a winning Twitter strategy from start to finish.
After walking you through Twitter basics, she explains how to craft strategies that can be scaled to any organization or market— including travel, retail, restaurants, healthcare, and service-oriented businesses. Learn how to create a winning, goal-based plan and then implement, maintain, and adjust your plan while avoiding common pitfalls. This detailed how-to helps you:
- Explore the fascinating demographics of the Twitterverse and see how to reach potential customers
- Master Twitter basics, understand tweeting dos and don'ts, and leverage useful third-party Twitter applications
- See how a slew of top brands such as Starbucks®, Zappos®
, and Planet Hollywood® are successfully using Twitter
- Prioritize your objectives, create a plan, and get corporate buy-in
- Leverage contests, promotions, tweets with multimedia, and other proven ways to improve engagement and foster conversation
- Let the tweets flow and then track and measure everything from retweets to mentions to increases in web traffic
- Analyze results and frame reports in terms of your key metrics, whether in dollars, traffic, conversions, or other goals
You'll also find:
- Creative ways to map your marketing goals to Twitter metrics, so you can really find out what's working
- Real-world "From the Trenches" case studies that illustrate successes to learn from and mistakes to avoid
- Useful Twitter tools that will help you manage and measure your efforts
Praise for Twitter Marketing: An Hour a Day
"This book walks you through Twitter processes and strategies step by step, from setting an account to setting actionable business goals. Whether you're a Twitter newbie or a seasoned power user, there's something in here that will help you use Twitter more effectively—and more profitably."
—Rebecca Lieb, VP Econsultancy and author of The Truth About Search Engine Optimization
"This terrific book is a godsend. It's filled with practical advice and hands-on exercises that will help companies of all sizes tap into Twitter's marketing potential."
—Bo Burlingham, Editor-at-Large of Inc. magazine and author of Small Giants: Companies That Choose To Be Great Instead of Big
"Hollis Thomases has created an extremely practical guide to Twitter for neophytes and serious marketers alike. She clearly and completely demystifies the service. This is an indispensable B2B guide for large or small businesses seeking to build effective social media marketing campaigns on this rapidly growing platform."
—Greg Sterling, Principal, Sterling Market Intelligence