Wildlife Forensics: Methods and Applications provides anaccessible and practical approach to the key areas involved in thisdeveloping subject. The book contains case studies throughout thetext that take the reader from the field, to the lab analysis tothe court room, giving a complete insight into the path of forensicevidence and demonstrating how current techniques can be applied towildlife forensics.
The book contains approaches that wildlife forensicinvestigators and laboratory technicians can employ ininvestigations and provides the direction and practical advicerequired by legal and police professionals seeking to gain theevidence needed to prosecute wildlife crimes.
The book will bring together in one text various aspects ofwildlife forensics, including statistics, toxicology, pathology,entomology, morphological identification, and DNA analysis.
This book will be an invaluable reference and will provideinvestigators, laboratory technicians and students in forensicScience/conservation biology classes with practical guidance andbest methods for criminal investigations applied to wildlifecrime.
- Includes practical techniques that wildlife forensicinvestigators and laboratory technicians can employ ininvestigations.
- Includes case studies to illustrate various key methodsand applications.
- Brings together diverse areas of forensic science anddemonstrates their application specifically to the field ofwildlife crime.
- Contains methodology boxes to lead readers through theprocesses of individual techniques.
- Takes an applied approach to the subject to appeal toboth students of the subject and practitioners in the field.
- Includes a broad introduction to what is meant by 'wildlifecrime', how to approach a crime scene and collect evidence andincludes chapters dedicated to the key techniques utilized inwildlife investigations.
- Includes chapters on wildlife forensic pathology;zooanthropological techniques; biological trace evidence analysis;the importance of bitemark evidence; plant and wildlife forensics;best practices and law enforcement.
“This book is written in an easy to comprehend style andthe concise chapters are full of information. Few books arespecific to veterinary forensics and I would recommend this one forthe library of anyone involved in this field.” (Doody’s, 24 August 2012)