With Advanced iOS 4 Programming, developers have the expert guidance they need to create amazing applications for Apple's iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®.
Inside, veteran mobile developer Dr. Maher Ali Begins with a foundation introduction to Objective-C and Cocoa Touch programming, and then guides readers through building apps with Apple's iOS SDK 4 - including coverage of the major categories of new APIs and building apps for the new Apple iPad®.
This book concentrates on illustrating GUI concepts programmatically, allowing readers to fully appreciate the complete picture of iOS 4 development without relying on Interface Builder. In addition, Interface Builder is covered in several chapters.
Advance iOS 4 Programming delves into more advanced topics going beyond the basics of iOS 4 development, providing comprehensive coverage that will help you get your apps to the App Store quicker.
Key features include:
- The Objective-C programming language and runtime
- Interface Builder
- Building advanced mobile user interfaces
- Cocoa Touch
- Core Animation and Quartz 2D
- Model-view-controller (MVC) designs
- Developing for the iPad®
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Parsing XML documents using SAX, DOM, and TouchXML
- Working with the Map Kit API
- Remote and Local Push Notification
- Blocks (closures) in Objective-C
- Building advanced location-based applications
- Developing database applications using the SQLite engine
- GameKit framework