Improve your ASP.NET know-how by building 10 ready-to-use applications
ASP.NET provides developers with more functionality and flexibility to develop dynamic Web applications while at the same time writing less code. If you're an ASP developer familiar with ASP.NET and Visual Studio .NET basics but unsure of how to connect all of these technologies to build useful applications, this book provides a unique approach to help you solve this problem.
Centered on ten applications, these projects present complete programs that you can adopt and modify for use in your own organization. With special emphasis on those ASP.NET features that you'll utilize most often, seasoned ASP developer Eric Smith walks you through the following applications:
* Project 1: Address Book-Build an ASP.NET application connected to a Microsoft SQL Server database.
* Project 2: Contact Manager-Build reusable business objects to handle the business logic and validation necessary for most applications.
* Project 3: Calendar Viewer -Use the date-and-time functions included in .NET to handle all sorts of calendar events, both one-time and recurring.
* Project 4: Web Log Analyzer-Create applications for Web traffic, build a Windows service to gather logs and import them into SQL Server, and build an ASP.NET application to view the analysis.
* Project 5: ASP.NET Error Manager -Use Event Log objects to collect errors from your ASP.NET applications in a central location and provide information on what occurred and when.
* Project 6: Online Store-Build the "classic" online store from start to finish.
* Projects 7-10: Teamwork Network-Build an online collaboration system that includes project tracking, file sharing, and discussion forums.
The companion CD-ROM contains the complete code for the ten projects and bonus features for Project 10.
The companion Web site contains a working version of each of the ten projects built in the book.
Wiley Computer Publishing
Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the author's Web site at www.10projectswithasp.net