The must-have book for experienced Visual Basic developers who need to build enterprise-level Web applications
Written by two well-known and respected Microsoft insiders, this book is essential for today's VB developer who is tasked with building enterprise-level Web applications using the core .NET technologies-- ASP.NET and VB.NET. After a brief overview of the .NET technologies, they launch right into practical information on how to be immediately productive within ASP.NET from an experienced VB programmer's point of view. They also walk you through an enterprise prototype application that accesses an enhanced version of Microsoft's NorthWind Database.
They arm you with tips, tricks, and workarounds that can be used in your own projects, including:
* Changes to ASP.NET development
* Object-oriented changes and enhancements to VB.NET
* Using DHTML and server-side controls
* ASP.NET Pages and Web forms
* Page navigation, validation, data access, and client-event handling using ASP.NET WebControls
* Creating and testing Web services
* Scalable data access with XML Designer and ADO.NET Data Set Designer
The companion Web site contains all the codes described in the book.
Wiley Computer Publishing. Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/alexander