"This book not only describes the intricacies of various IBM products, such as IBM DB2, IBM Intelligent Miner, and IBM DB2 OLAP, but it also sets the context by providing a comprehensive overview of data warehousing architecture, analytics, and data management."
-Wayne Eckerson, Director of Research, The Data Warehousing Institute
In IBM Data Warehousing, Michael Gonzales shows how to exploit IBM technologies to get the most from your data warehousing investment. These technologies include everything from SMP and MPP technical architectures to DB2 Universal Database and DB2 OLAP Server. The author provides an in-depth look at the fundamentals of business intelligence (BI), the BI architecture, data management, and enhanced analytics. In addition, he presents expert tips, tricks, and workarounds to ensure maximum performance of your IBM data warehouse.
This book covers the suite of IBM products necessary for determining your warehousing needs and building your BI environment. Key topics include:
* Features of DB2 that support business intelligence and data warehousing efforts
* IBM technologies that facilitate the management of your warehouse
* OLAP, data mining, spatial analysis and meta data as it relates to IBM technology
* Project management techniques for prioritizing business intelligence iterations and reducing risks
* Choosing the right data warehousing architecture for your business needs
The companion Web site contains links to vendors, technical notes, and other reference material for the products mentioned in the book.