The official guide on how to develop interoperable data warehouse and business intelligence applications from the authors of the CWM specification
This authoritative guide will show you how to develop interoperable data warehouse and business intelligence applications using the Common Warehouse Metamodel (CWM) specification. It provides you with clear explanations of how to implement CWM solutions for meta data interchange within your software products and use CWM-enabled tools in the construction of a corporate data warehouse, information factory, or supply chain. You'll find detailed descriptions of four models of data warehousing that greatly benefit from a standards-based approach to meta data integration.
The authors walk you through numerous in-depth code examples that you can follow in building your own CWM-enabled applications.
This book offers a logical and straightforward approach to developing CWM solutions. Covering the full development lifecycle, it will help you learn how to:
* Use CWM to model interchangeable meta data across data warehouses
* Apply design patterns to CWM meta data integration
* Understand the basics of constructing a CWM toolkit
* Build meta data repositories and advanced meta data services based on CWM
* Use "best practice" techniques in modeling interchangeable meta data
* Deploy an enterprise-wide meta data interchange solution
The companion Web site contains complete CWM solution models, a downloadable CWM repository solution, an active CWM meta data pattern catalog, updates on the technology, and links to vendor sites.