Eliminate the hosting fees and gain complete control over your Web site with this revolutionary Web-based front office technology
Desktop hosting allows you to manage Web communications from your personal computer -- offering limitless features, including real-time delivery and unique customization capabilities. Written by one of the principals defining the desktop hosting market, this book presents a practical introduction to this exciting new technology. Bill James explores the array of desktop hosting tools currently available and shows you how to implement a variety of solutions. He also uncovers the wide range of fully automated communication services that are available with desktop hosting. With this information, you'll be able to use this powerful tool to help drive sales, increase customer satisfaction, and guarantee 24/7 availability.
An excellent resource for both technical and nontechnical readers, James shows you how to take advantage of all the features of desktop hosting. You'll learn how to:
* Handle all the information necessary to run an e-business
* Improve Web site performance
* Automate responses to individual queries
* Dramatically decrease download time from your site
* Add security to your site
* Integrate messaging, voicemail, e-mail, publishing, and multimedia into a single service
The CD-ROM contains unrestricted, full versions of WebClerk and CommerceExpert, along with 150 QuickTime training clips.