Implement, operate, and use beta testing immediately with this hands-on guide to the best practices
Beta testing is a complex process that, when properly run, provides a wealth of diverse information. But when poorly executed, it delivers little or no data while wasting time and money. Written by a leading expert in the field, this book will help you reach the full potential that beta testing has to offer.
Michael Fine compiles the best practices to date so you can effectively bring beta testing into your companys process to improve product quality. Using real-world case studies, this book begins by clearly explaining what a beta is and why you need one. Fine then explores the beta test procedure and walks through the best processes to use when implementing a test. He concludes by detailing the steps you should take after completing a test in order to take full advantage of the results.
With this book, youll gain a better understanding of what beta testing is, why every company needs a beta test program, and how to get the most from a test. Fine will help you:
- Understand all the steps involved in beta testing using real-world case studies
- Implement a beta test using best- known practices
- Produce better products based on the results of well-run beta tests
- Apply beta testing across many platforms and many technologies
- Improve on existing processes and identify critical issues
"...easy to read and very informative?definitely deserves a place on your desk..." (CVu, Dec 03)