The authoritative guide to building large-scale applications with JBuilder®
JBuilder is a tool designed by Java developers for Java developers. JBuilder developers need a guide that delves into the more powerful techniques that are required to build enterprise-strength applications.
Endorsed by Borland, Mastering JBuilder is divided into two major disciplines: the development of Java source code and the management of Java source code. You’ll learn about the technologies and frameworks that JBuilder uses to help with code development. You’ll also get insight on how JBuilder allows you to choose several different technologies and frameworks including Swing, JDBC, Servlets, Java Server Pages, Struts, EJB, RMI, and Web Services.
Including coverage of the latest release of JBuilder–JBuilder 8–the book begins with how to install and configure JBuilder on any machine. Then the authors dive in and tackle such subjects as:
- Understanding and using JBuilder’s extensive tool sets for creating, managing, and refactoring Java classes
- Integrating team testing and building frameworks to simplify large develo pment projects
- Moving from Servlets to Java Server Pages and Struts
- Developing EJB 1.1 and EJB 2.0
- Facilitating development with RMI, CORBA, and Web Services
The companion Web site includes source code and useful links for updates.