Build 10 of the most sought after Visual Basic .NET enterprise applications-now!
Tired of the typical VB.NET reference books that only provide a little information on a lot of topics? Looking for real-world examples of how to use .NET in your day-to-day enterprise projects? You've come to the right place.
In Visual Basic .NET at Work, Tony Martin and Dominic Selly show you how to combine the new features of VB.NET with must-know technology to create real-world business applications. Take a tour of the major .NET technologies, learn how they work, and then follow step-by-step through the projects -- complete programs that utilize VB.NET and related technologies to create fully functional solutions that you can use in your enterprise environments.
Each project begins with a clear statement of the problem, a walk-through of the solution that you'll build, and the list of supplies and technologies that you'll need to complete the project. In addition, Martin and Selly provide a list of suggestions for enhancing each project, which alternate between simple upgrades to completely new features.
The ten example projects are:
* A WinForms library
* Bug tracking with ADO.NET
* Bug reporting with XML Web Services
* Application performance testing with .NET Remoting
* Deployment packages usingVisual Studio .NET
* A Web portal with ASP.NET
* Schema generator with XML
* User authentication login screen with ASP.NET
* Employee information system using the .NET Mobile Framework
* Employee intranet that combines all of the .NET technologies
The CD-ROM contains:
* Source code for the completed projects in the book
* Sample "experiment" applications
* Bonus materials for Project 6
Wiley Computer Publishing
Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/martin