Discover how to utilize the latest WAP technologies to meet your business needs With wireless services rapidly exploding worldwide, WAP is becoming the most talked about standard for wireless applications. In this accessible book, mobility experts Steve Mann and Scott Sbihli cut through the buzz and the jargon surrounding the technology to provide an authoritative yet easy-to-understand discussion on all aspects of this fast-growing protocol.With their help, you'll become well-versed in the terminology of WAP components and gain valuable insight into how WAP fits in with wireless business development. You'll learn what WAP is, how it works, and what benefits your company can derive from using it.
Plus, you'll get pointers to additional resources for more information. Thorough, up-to-date coverage includes:
* The nuts and bolts of WAP's key technologies, including WML (Wireless Markup Language)
* Key wireless technologies and how WAP fits in
* WAP applications development tools and how WAP-compatible Web pages are created
* Currently available WAP-com-patible products and services
* The history of WAP development
* Case studies of three enterprise WAP projects plus an individual's experience with a consumer WAP service
Wiley Tech Briefs Focused on the needs of the corporate IT and business manager, the Tech Briefs series provides in-depth information on a new or emerging technology, solutions, and vendor offerings available in the marketplace. With their accessible approach, these books will help you get quickly up-to-speed on a topic so that you can effectively compete, grow, and betterserve your customers. "For business management who have felt slightly left behind with the sudden emergence of WAP this is the ideal book for you."
"An excellent book that captures the sanpshot of the current WAP scene perfectly." (M2 Communications, 3 January 2001)