"Leveraging their strong implemention and standards committee experience, the authors have delivered the definitive guide to enterprise distributed object security."
—Wing K. Lee, Sprint, Enterprise Security with EJB and CORBA
With e-business and distributed components comes the need for a bold new approach to security solutions. Setting out to resolve the security challenges of today's networked world, this book shows developers how to harness the power of EJB and CORBA to secure each and every system level—from Web browsers to mid-tier components to legacy systems.
You'll get real-world techniques for building secure applications using EJB and CORBA components and learn about existing and emerging technologies, architectures, and implementations, including how to choose the right ones for your specific needs.
You'll also find an e-commerce example that will help you understand the various topics discussed, including:
- Security technologies, from Web security to mid-tier and database security
- Interoperability of cross-domain components, and how to modify architectures for security
- Interoperability of EJB and CORBA components, and how to make them work together securely
- How to protect applications using the RAD architecture
- Using rights, attributes, domains, and delegation
- The companion Web site contains:
- The code for the e-commerce example in the book
- Additional examples and product information