Get up and running with Java in no time using this innovative virtual classroom approach!
Do you know how to harness the exciting power of object-oriented programming? Focusing on the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE™), this revolutionary book and companion online presentation take you through 19 one-hour lessons that teach you how to use Java APIs, design a GUI program, and create applets in no time. You'll quickly gain all the skills that are critical to any Java application!
- Explore Java fundamentals such as keywords, the built-in data types, strings, and references
- Learn how to think like an object-oriented programmer
- Write, compile, and execute a Java program using the J2SE Standard Developer Kit
- Progress through important Java concepts like exception handling, interfaces, collections, packages and the javadoc tool
- Develop your own fully functional Java GUI applications using Swing
- Perform database programming using JDBC and network programming using secure sockets and datagram packets
- Write multi-threaded Java applications
- Understand and develop software components following the JavaBeans specification
Join the author on the companion Web site in a training session. Follow along as he walks you through the online presentation for each chapter provided in streaming video or audio only. Source code is also available for download. "...it is one of those large language books...fortunately it is one of the better ones..." (CVu- The Journal of the ACCU, February 2004)