Discover TCP/IP troubleshooting solutions that solve real-world networking problems
TCP/IP is the backbone of the Internet and corporate networks and has become much more complex in the last decade. If you're a networking professional, you need to take trouble-shooting to a new level to address this complexity–and adopt solutions that most books don't discuss. In this book, troubleshooting practitioner Kevin Burns at last shows you how to analyze and solve problems from the TCP/IP protocol perspective. He provides a detailed analysis of TCP/IP and related protocols in action and demonstrates solutions taken from actual problems he's encountered in real-world networking situations.
TCP/IP Analysis and Troubleshooting Toolkit concentrates on real-world solutions as it shows you how to:
- Choose the right approach or tool for problem diagnosis and apply it optimally
- Properly configure protocol analyzers to capture the data you really need
- Use the OSI model to troubleshoot from the bottom up to isolate in what layer a problem occurs
- Analyze the core protocols of the TCP/IP suite to understand their roles and their interrelationships
- Measure network performance and apply those metrics to your problem-solving process
- Interpret TCP/IP packet decodes and act decisively on that information to implement real-world solutions
The companion Web site features tracefiles from the book and video examples of troubleshooting scenarios.