"Mastering Resin is a comprehensive guide to Resin 3.x.Particularly valuable is its coverage of advanced capabilitiesincluding XTP, Resins XSL and JSP formatting system, andHessian, Resins simplified binary Web serviceprotocol."
Scott Ferguson, Resin Architect, Caucho Technology
Resin 3.x is a leading Java and XML application server withnative support for servlets, JSP, EJB, CMP, XML, and Web services.It has a reputation for reliability, extremely fast executionspeed, and low implementation cost. Resins ability to workwith other industry standard servers like Apache, and its built-inload balancing and virtual hosting features, have made it a successin both small shops and enterprises.
Written for both experienced Java developers and Webadministrators, this comprehensive tutorial provides you witheverything you need to maximize your Web applications with Resin.It offers a detailed look at all flavors of Resin 3.x, includingResin Enterprise. And it takes you through the steps of bothdeveloping and deploying Java applications using these cutting-edgeservers.
Mastering Resin, the official guide to the Resin family ofservers, also explains how to:
- Take advantage of Resins native support for XSL and XMLTemplate Pages
- Use Resin as a J2EE client
- Simplify database connectivity through Resins native CMPsupport
- Optimize the performance of your Web applications
- Configure Resin to work with commercial and open source serverssuch as Apache, IIS, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Use Resins advanced features, including page caching,dynamic code updating, load-balancing, and virtual hosting
The companion Web site contains all the code and applicationsfrom the book.