"Mastering Resin is a comprehensive guide to Resin 3.x. Particularly valuable is its coverage of advanced capabilities including XTP, Resin's XSL and JSP formatting system, and Hessian, Resin's simplified binary Web service protocol."
—Scott Ferguson, Resin Architect, Caucho Technology
Resin 3.x is a leading Java and XML application server with native support for servlets, JSP, EJB, CMP, XML, and Web services. It has a reputation for reliability, extremely fast execution speed, and low implementation cost. Resin's ability to work with other industry standard servers like Apache, and its built-in load balancing and virtual hosting features, have made it a success in both small shops and enterprises.
Written for both experienced Java developers and Web administrators, this comprehensive tutorial provides you with everything you need to maximize your Web applications with Resin. It offers a detailed look at all flavors of Resin 3.x, including Resin Enterprise. And it takes you through the steps of both developing and deploying Java applications using these cutting-edge servers.
Mastering Resin, the official guide to the Resin family of servers, also explains how to:
- Take advantage of Resin's native support for XSL and XML Template Pages
- Use Resin as a J2EE client
- Simplify database connectivity through Resin's native CMP support
- Optimize the performance of your Web applications
- Configure Resin to work with commercial and open source servers such as Apache, IIS, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Use Resin's advanced features, including page caching, dynamic code updating, load-balancing, and virtual hosting
The companion Web site contains all the code and applications from the book.