A strategic guide to the revolutionary framework that will changethe way you do business
Imagine if you could teach your computer to make decisions thatlead to faster B2B trading implementations, more effective customermanagement, and seamless data warehousing. Now, your imaginationcan be turned into reality. This authoritative book explores theSemantic Web, a revolutionary new framework for creatingintelligent software applications that automate the processes ofreasoning and decision-making. The Semantic Web first shows you howto vastly improve knowledge management in your company usingSemantic Web technologies. Youll then gain a clearunderstanding of the building blocks of these technologies,including XML, Web services, and the Resource Description Framework(RDF).
Along the way, youll be taken through the process ofbuilding the Semantic Web at your company in order to achieve asignificant return on investment.
This informative guide arms you with the strategies youllneed to know in order to start creating a host of robust newbusiness applications. Written by leading experts in the field,it:
- Explains how businesses can leverage the Semantic Web forcompetitive advantage
- Covers all aspects of current Web services, RDF, andXML-related technologies including the emerging Web ontologylanguage (OWL)
- Examines taxonomies and describes how they are implementedusing illustrative examples
- Discusses how to attain semantic interoperability usingontologies
- Describes how to design a knowledge-centric organization
The companion Web site contains source code for all listings inthe book, a code appendix, and links to related sites.
"...It is perfectly pitched at the level of computer-literate managers..." (British Journal of Healthcare Computing
, February 2004)