RED HAT FEDORA LINUX SECRETS
Learn how to release the full potential of Red Hat Fedora Linux and install the latest release of Fedora Core (FC4) with this comprehensive guide. Within these pages, you'll be privy to valuable secrets contained in FC4: yum, up2date, mandatory access control with Security Enhanced Linux, and improved device handling with udev. You'll go behind the scenes to explore the inner workings of Linux, such as which configuration files control what, which commands to type in what sequence to perform a key task, plus more. Packed with useful information, this book shares tips, shortcuts, and tutorials that will help you maximize the power of Red Hat Fedora Linux.
Unleash the power of Red Hat Fedora Linux
- Install Linux (see Chapter 2)
- Set up a network (see Chapter 6)
- Explore Linux applications and utilities (see Chapter 10)
- Discover basic system administration (see Chapter 12)
- Examine Web, mail, news, and FTP servers (see Chapters 14–17)
- Manage system and network security (see Chapter 22)
- Write applets, servlets, and standalone applications with Java (see Chapter 26)
The DVD contains the full Fedora Core 4 distribution including all binary code packages and source code.
System requirements: Please see the "About the DVD" appendix for details and complete system requirements.