Bringing together the ease of use of Mac OS X, the power of Unix,and a mix of high-performance development technologies, Xcode isApple's hottest new integrated development environment. This bookshows you why Xcode is the fastest and easiest way for developersto create Mac OS X applications.
Covering the basic fundamentals of Xcode development, veteranprogrammer and developer James Bucanek explains how Xcodecoordinates development in various languages supported by Mac andhe offers an in-depth look at the Xcode Developer Tools package.Ultimately, you'll see how Xcode makes it easier for you to developand maintain applications, and how it can help you achieve aseamless, comfortable, and productive working environment.
What you will learn from this book
- How to set up and control your working environment, create aproject, and add source files to it
- Ways to edit source files and alter the structure of theproject itself
- Techniques to starting and controlling the building theprocess
- Various options for running, debugging, and constructingautomated test suites for your application
- A variety of editing, documentation, design, and analysisaides
Who this book is for
This book is for C, C++, Objective-C, AppleScript, or Javadevelopers who want to learn to use Xcode so they can write, build,and test programs to run on Mac OS X.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programminglanguages and technologies easier than you think, providing astructured, tutorial format that will guide you through all thetechniques involved.