"This book covers a wide spectrum of topics relevant to implementing and managing a modern data center. The chapters are comprehensive and the flow of concepts is easy to understand."
Gain a practical knowledge of data center concepts
To create a well-designed data center (including storage and network architecture, VoIP implementation, and server consolidation) you must understand a variety of key concepts and technologies. This book explains those factors in a way that smoothes the path to implementation and management. Whether you need an introduction to the technologies, a refresher course for IT managers and data center personnel, or an additional resource for advanced study, you'll find these guidelines and solutions provide a solid foundation for building reliable designs and secure data center policies.
- Understand the common causes and high costs of service outages
- Learn how to measure high availability and achieve maximum levels
- Design a data center using optimum physical, environmental, and technological elements
- Explore a modular design for cabling, Points of Distribution, and WAN connections from ISPs
- See what must be considered when consolidating data center resources
- Expand your knowledge of best practices and security
- Create a data center environment that is user- and manager-friendly
- Learn how high availability, clustering, and disaster recovery solutions can be deployed to protect critical information
- Find out how to use a single network infrastructure for IP data, voice, and storage