An invaluable tutorial on the dramatic changes to EnterpriseJavaBeans (EJB) 3.0
Featuring myriad changes from its previous versions, EJB 3.0boasts a very different programming and deployment model, withnearly every aspect of development affected. Even the mostexperienced EBJ and J2EE developers will need to relearn how tobest use EJB to develop mission-critical applications. This authorteam of experts has taken their combined skills in architecture,development, consulting, and knowledge transfer to explain thevarious changes to EJB 3.0 as well as the rationale behind thesechanges. You'll learn the concepts and techniques for authoringdistributed, enterprise components in Java from the ground up.
Covering basic through advanced subjects, Mastering EnterpriseJavaBeans 3.0 is more than 50 percent new and revised. Four newchapters and one new appendix cover the latest features of this newrelease, and in-depth coverage of the Java Persistence API and theentities defined therein is provided. The authors' main goal is toget you programming with EJB immediately. To that end, you'lllearn:
- How to implement EJB 3.0 beans, with emphasis on session beans(stateful and stateless) and message-driven beans
- Both basic and advanced concepts (such as inheritance,relationships, and so on) of Java Persistence API definedentities
- How to develop and deploy EJB 3.0 Web services
- How to secure EJB applications
- How to integrate EJB applications with the outside world viathe Java EE Connector technology
- Tips and techniques for designing and deploying EJB for betterperformance
- How clustering in large-scale EJB systems works
- Best practices for EJB application design, development, andtesting
The companion Web site provides all the source code, updates tothe source code examples, and a PDF version of the book.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical.Reliable.
Visit the companion Web site atwww.wiley.com/go/sriganesh