"Color Confidence is one book that no photographer,especially me, can afford to be without!"
—Art Morris, Photographer www.birdsasart.com
Now includes RIPs and the latest calibrators!
Managing color photography in the digital age is tricky. Is itpossible to get predictable color without bogging down intechnology?
In this new edition of the very first practical guide to colormanagement, digital imaging expert Tim Grey gives a resounding"yes" and provides the crucial information you need to get thecolor you want, every time. Clearly explaining color managementworkflow, he distills the process for the real world—fromcapture to output.
You'll find out how to quickly get predictable color resultsacross all devices—from cameras, monitors, and printers, toscanners and raster image processors (RIPs). Updated with newinformation on Photoshop®, RIP technology, and calibration,this results-oriented book is a must for all seriousphotographers.
Inside, you'll discover how to:
- Calibrate your monitor quickly and accurately
- Configure Color Settings in Photoshop for the output youneed
- Scan for best results, starting with choosing the rightscanner
- Use a RIP for faster quality printing
- Select the proper color working space—RGB, CMYK, spotcolor, or others
- Manage your digital camera capture with presets and customprofiles
- Adjust color levels, curves, and hue
- Solve the magenta problem and other saturation issues
- Set up custom, canned, or generic printer profiles
- Produce color-accurate images for printers, the Web, e-mail,and slideshows
- Understand color workflows—Scan-to-Print, DigitalCamera-to-Print, and more
"...a must-have for the successful imageer..." (Advanced Photoshop,