"Color Confidence is one book that no photographer, especially me, can afford to be without!"
—Art Morris, Photographer www.birdsasart.com
Now includes RIPs and the latest calibrators!
Managing color photography in the digital age is tricky. Is it possible to get predictable color without bogging down in technology?
In this new edition of the very first practical guide to color management, digital imaging expert Tim Grey gives a resounding "yes" and provides the crucial information you need to get the color you want, every time. Clearly explaining color management workflow, he distills the process for the real world—from capture to output.
You'll find out how to quickly get predictable color results across all devices—from cameras, monitors, and printers, to scanners and raster image processors (RIPs). Updated with new information on Photoshop®, RIP technology, and calibration, this results-oriented book is a must for all serious photographers.
Inside, you'll discover how to:
- Calibrate your monitor quickly and accurately
- Configure Color Settings in Photoshop for the output you need
- Scan for best results, starting with choosing the right scanner
- Use a RIP for faster quality printing
- Select the proper color working space—RGB, CMYK, spot color, or others
- Manage your digital camera capture with presets and custom profiles
- Adjust color levels, curves, and hue
- Solve the magenta problem and other saturation issues
- Set up custom, canned, or generic printer profiles
- Produce color-accurate images for printers, the Web, e-mail, and slideshows
- Understand color workflows—Scan-to-Print, Digital Camera-to-Print, and more
"...a must-have for the successful imageer..." (Advanced Photoshop,