Up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of the Oracle database and business intelligence tools
Data warehouses are the core technology that businesses use to capture, store, and analyze vast amounts of business data, and Oracle has emerged as the leading database platform. Its business intelligence tools make it considerably easier to analyze data to support marketing, sales, and other initiatives. Written by a team of Oracle insiders, this authoritative book provides you with the most current coverage of the Oracle data warehousing platform as well as the full suite of business intelligence tools.
You'll learn how to leverage Oracle features and how those features can be used to provide solutions to a variety of needs and demands. Plus, you'll get valuable tips and insight based on the authors' real-world experiences and their own implementations.
Serving as a single reference that aims to help you avoid many common pitfalls while gaining professional success, Oracle Data Warehousing shares best practices for:
- Leveraging Oracle technologies to design, build, and manage data warehouses
- Integrating specific database and business intelligence solutions from other vendors
- Using the new suite of Oracle business intelligence tools to analyze data for marketing, sales, and more
- Handling typical data warehouse performance challenges
- Uncovering initiatives by your business community, security business sponsorship, project staffing, and managing risk
The companion Web site contains all the same code used throughout the book, plus links to related sites.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/go/stackowiak