Up-to-date, comprehensive coverage of the Oracle database andbusiness intelligence tools
Data warehouses are the core technology that businesses use tocapture, store, and analyze vast amounts of business data, andOracle has emerged as the leading database platform. Its businessintelligence tools make it considerably easier to analyze data tosupport marketing, sales, and other initiatives. Written by a teamof Oracle insiders, this authoritative book provides you with themost current coverage of the Oracle data warehousing platform aswell as the full suite of business intelligence tools.
You'll learn how to leverage Oracle features and how thosefeatures can be used to provide solutions to a variety of needs anddemands. Plus, you'll get valuable tips and insight based on theauthors' real-world experiences and their own implementations.
Serving as a single reference that aims to help you avoid manycommon pitfalls while gaining professional success, Oracle DataWarehousing shares best practices for:
- Leveraging Oracle technologies to design, build, and managedata warehouses
- Integrating specific database and business intelligencesolutions from other vendors
- Using the new suite of Oracle business intelligence tools toanalyze data for marketing, sales, and more
- Handling typical data warehouse performance challenges
- Uncovering initiatives by your business community, securitybusiness sponsorship, project staffing, and managing risk
The companion Web site contains all the same code usedthroughout the book, plus links to related sites.
Wiley Technology Publishing Timely. Practical. Reliable.
Visit our Web site at www.wiley.com/compbooks/
Visit the companion Web site at www.wiley.com/go/stackowiak