As the most important component of Microsoft's Visual Studio®2005 Team System, Team Foundation Server is the central integrationpoint that provides a collaborative environment for every member ofa team, regardless of role. Since Team Foundation Server is sotightly interwoven with the rest of Team System, the authors havedecided to present you with an invaluable resource that coversboth, so that you may learn to set up and administer TeamFoundation Server in order to effectively use the whole Team Systemtoolset effectively.
Three Microsoft Team System MVPs cover how to plan a Team Systemdeployment, complete a software project, and everything in between.They show you how to handle real-world challenges and tackle thetasks and scenarios that encompass the entire software developmentlifecycle.
What you will learn from this book
- How to implement IT governance such as Sarbanes-Oxley
- How to work with mixed environments (including Java and.NET)
- How to set up the product for large distributedenvironments
- How and why to take multiple lifecycles into consideration whendeploying and using Team System
- How to create custom development tools and administer andcustomize work items
- How to monitor your team project metrics using SQL ServerReporting Services
Who this book is for
This book is for project managers, IT administrators, and anyonewhose role consists of administering Team Foundation Server on adaily basis, running a software project, setting up users, orhandling security.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written byworking programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.