Teach yourself how to use the components, capabilities, and programming model in SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services—one step at a time. This practical, hands-on tutorial expertly guides you through each stage of the reporting life cycle, including authoring, managing, and delivering reports. Work at your own pace through the easy-to-follow lessons and hands-on exercises to master essential tasks and techniques. And accelerate your productivity by working with instructive code examples and best practices for SQL Server Reporting Services.
Discover how to:
- Install and configure Reporting Services
- Use Report Designer to structure and format table reports
- Connect to data sources and datasets
- Use expressions to perform calculations and change properties
- Apply advanced techniques—from matrix, chart, and data regions to parameters
- Manage content on the Report Server, including implementing security features
- Monitor Report Server activity and tune for performance
- Access and view reports, rendered in customized formats
- Write and reuse custom code to author and manage reports
- Build your own reporting tools
About Reporting Services SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services is a comprehensive, server-based reporting solution to create, manage, and deploy reports—on paper or over the Web. A key part of the Microsoft business intelligence framework, Reporting Services enables organizations to deliver real-time information to support daily operations and drive decisions at a lower cost of ownership.
- Practice files for all the book’s procedures
- Complete eBook in PDF format
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.