Maximize on the power of WebSphere Portal to build and deploy portals
If you use, develop, manage, or administer WebSphere applications, you are probably already building or managing Web portals–or well on your way to doing so. With this comprehensive book, you’ll discover how these portals bring together important functions such as integration, presentation, organization, and customizations–functions needed in every complex application environment. The unparalleled author team of experts offers you in-depth insight on mastering the complex aspects of WebSphere Portal, walking you through every facet from installing to deployment.
Mastering IBM WebSphere Portal focuses on not only the portal as a server, but also how it interacts with components such as LDAP servers, enterprise applications, mobile devices, and even other portals. The authors begin with an introduction to the WebSphere product family and then explore such topics as:
The companion Web site, www.wiley.com/compbooks/ben-natan, presents all the code in the book as well as links to vendors and sources of information pertaining to WebSphere Portal.
- Installing and customizing the portal, as well as migrating existing environments to version 5
- Defining portlets, pages, and user interface properties
- Applying personalization, collaboration, search, and document and content management within WebSphere Portal v. 5
- Using high availability, security and single sign-on, identity management, Web services, and enterprise applications
- Setting up a portal in a high-availability environment and integrating external applications into WebSphere Portal