If Flash MX 2004 ActionScript can do it, you can do it too...
ActionScript gives you exacting control in Flash applications. This comprehensive volume gives you a complete education in ActionScript 2.0, a new feature of Flash MX 2004. You'll explore ActionScript syntax, best practices, and beginning, intermediate, and advanced topics. And since the best way to learn ActionScript is to practice writing it, you'll find dozens of exercises that let you apply the concepts. Whether you're a beginning programmer or a veteran of previous ActionScript incarnations, you'll find a new world of possibilities within these pages.
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of Flash MX 2004 ActionScript
- Understand basic ActionScript syntax and use the built-in commands, functions, and classes
- Explore how ActionScript works with related technologies, including Flash Remoting
- Gain more control over the print function
- Apply CSS formatting to HTML displays
- Discover how to create sophisticated interactivity in Flash applications, control elements on the Stage, and manipulate data from external sources
- Collect and track input from viewers of Flash movies
- Learn to use the MovieClip and Button classes and the Drawing API
- Make the most of user interface components included with Flash, and learn to create your own components
- Optimize and manage the download and presentation of content
Value-packed CD-ROM includes
- Trial versions of Macromedia Flash MX Professional 2004, Flash Remoting MX, Flash Communication Server MX, and ColdFusion® MX Enterprise
- Complete ActionScripts and databases you can customize for your own use
- Completed files demonstrating the exercises found in the book