Microsoft® Visual Basic® is the most popular programminglanguage in the world, with millions of lines of code used inbusinesses and applications of all types and sizes. With VisualBasic .NET, Microsoft introduces some fundamental new features,particularly the ability to program against the .NET Framework.
Keeping a constant view on real-life programming practices,Beginning VB.NET will guide you from your first Visual Basic .NETprogram right through to producing powerful, database drivenapplications for Windows and the Web.
This book is suitable whether you are new to programming, havesome experience with other versions of Visual Basic, or aremigrating to Windows programming from another platform. It willgive you the thorough grounding you need to write real-world,commercial applications.
What you will learn from this book
This book will show you:
- How to get up and running with the Visual Basic .NET or VisualStudio® .NET IDE
- How to write Visual Basic .NET code
- What the .NET Framework is and why it is important
- How to use loops and branching structures so that your programscan make decisions
- How to use menus, toolbars, dialog boxes, and other controls inyour Windows programs
- What object-oriented programming is, and what it means toyou
- How to create re-usable class libraries and user controls
What you need
This book is for developers who have access to Visual Studio.NET Professional or above, or Visual Basic .NET Standard.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programminglanguages and technologies easier than you think. Whetheryoure taking your first steps in programming, or broadeningyour skills and knowledge, Wrox Beginning books provide astructured, tutorial format that will guide you through all thetechniques involved.
First, each concept is explained to give you a solidunderstanding of the material. Then, your new understanding isapplied to practical examples taking you to the point whereyou can develop professional applications that you can be proudof.