If you are using Access and want to go to the next level, you need to learn VBA. As part of Visual Basic®, VBA allows you to use some of the tremendously powerful programming techniques. In this book, we show you how VBA gives you complete control over the way your users view and interact with your Access databases.
This is the next level of Access skills, presented to you here in a clear tutorial style.
This book is a revision of the best-selling "Beginning Access 97 VBA" and "Beginning Access 2000 VBA" books, reworked to provide a rich and comprehensive guide to programming Access 2002 with VBA.
Who is this book for?
This book is designed for people with experience using Access databases, who now want to learn how to program them with VBA. No prior knowledge of programming is needed.
This book is also a useful reference and tutorial for those with some VBA experience or knowledge of other programming languages.
In this book you will learn how to:
- Write your first VBA program how to structure code, control programs, respond to events, and use objects
- Create powerful Access user interfaces
- Publish your data on the internet using the improved functionality of Access 2002
- Debug your programs, and increase their performance and usability with robust error handling
- Improve the performance and security of your database by using the SQL Server® Desktop Engine
- Access your data efficiently with SQL, DAO, and ADO
- Add support for multiple users and integrate with other Office XP™ applications
"We picked up "Beginning Access 2000 VBA" because we needed to be productive quickly. This is the one book that will take you from playing with Access to programming in Access. This book became a favorite with those that had no programming experience and with our experienced programmers too. We ended up having to buy more copies."
Norm Yates (Network Manager, Maine Maritime Academy, USA) on the previous edition.