If you are using Access and want to go to the next level, you needto learn VBA. As part of Visual Basic®, VBA allows you to usesome of the tremendously powerful programming techniques. In thisbook, we show you how VBA gives you complete control over the wayyour users view and interact with your Access databases.
This is the next level of Access skills, presented to you herein a clear tutorial style.
This book is a revision of the best-selling "Beginning Access 97VBA" and "Beginning Access 2000 VBA" books, reworked to provide arich and comprehensive guide to programming Access 2002 withVBA.
Who is this book for?
This book is designed for people with experience using Accessdatabases, who now want to learn how to program them with VBA. Noprior knowledge of programming is needed.
This book is also a useful reference and tutorial for those withsome VBA experience or knowledge of other programminglanguages.
In this book you will learn how to:
- Write your first VBA program how to structure code,control programs, respond to events, and use objects
- Create powerful Access user interfaces
- Publish your data on the internet using the improvedfunctionality of Access 2002
- Debug your programs, and increase their performance andusability with robust error handling
- Improve the performance and security of your database by usingthe SQL Server® Desktop Engine
- Access your data efficiently with SQL, DAO, and ADO
- Add support for multiple users and integrate with other OfficeXP™ applications
"We picked up "Beginning Access 2000 VBA" because we needed tobe productive quickly. This is the one book that will take you fromplaying with Access to programming in Access. This book became afavorite with those that had no programming experience and with ourexperienced programmers too. We ended up having to buy morecopies."
Norm Yates (Network Manager, Maine Maritime Academy, USA) onthe previous edition.