The Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Struts remains the mostpopular Java framework for building enterprise-level Webapplications. In the first book to cover the extensive new featuresof the final release of Struts 1.1, The authors present thetechnical and conceptual information you need to design, build, anddeploy sophisticated Struts 1.1 applications.
You will find thorough coverage of both the Struts Model 2architecture and the process for building model, view, andcontroller components. Youll learn to use critical featureslike Tiles, the Validator, DynaActionForms, plug-ins, security, andinternationalization. And youll discover updated and expandedcode examples that not only work with the final production releaseof Struts 1.1, but also demonstrate best programming practices andpowerful development techniques.
This book covers everything you need to know about Struts andits supporting technologies, including JSPs, servlets, Webapplications, the Jakarta-Tomcat JSP/servlet container, and muchmore.
What you will learn from this book
- The Jakarta Struts Model 2 architecture and its supportingcomponents
- How to get started with Struts and build your owncomponents
- How to work with the Commons Validator, ActionForms, andDynaActionForms
- Techniques for customizing the Controller
- Ways to maximize your presentation pages with Tiles
- How to internationalize your Struts applications
- Tips for managing errors and debugging Struts applications
- All about eclipse integration, and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers who want to buildsophisticated, enterprise-level Web applications using the finalproduction release of Struts 1.1.