The Apache Software Foundation's Jakarta Struts remains the most popular Java framework for building enterprise-level Web applications. In the first book to cover the extensive new features of the final release of Struts 1.1, The authors present the technical and conceptual information you need to design, build, and deploy sophisticated Struts 1.1 applications.
You will find thorough coverage of both the Struts Model 2 architecture and the process for building model, view, and controller components. You'll learn to use critical features like Tiles, the Validator, DynaActionForms, plug-ins, security, and internationalization. And you'll discover updated and expanded code examples that not only work with the final production release of Struts 1.1, but also demonstrate best programming practices and powerful development techniques.
This book covers everything you need to know about Struts and its supporting technologies, including JSPs, servlets, Web applications, the Jakarta-Tomcat JSP/servlet container, and much more.
What you will learn from this book
- The Jakarta Struts Model 2 architecture and its supporting components
- How to get started with Struts and build your own components
- How to work with the Commons Validator, ActionForms, and DynaActionForms
- Techniques for customizing the Controller
- Ways to maximize your presentation pages with Tiles
- How to internationalize your Struts applications
- Tips for managing errors and debugging Struts applications
- All about eclipse integration, and much more
Who this book is for
This book is for Java developers who want to build sophisticated, enterprise-level Web applications using the final production release of Struts 1.1.