If youre an Excel user seeking more control over yourspreadsheets, or if you are developing Excel applications forothers, this comprehensive volume provides what you need tomaximize VBA flexibility in the Excel environment. Fully revisedand updated, it focuses exclusively on VBA for Excel and providesappropriate information for beginners, Excel programmers, andadvanced developers alike.
Packed with examples, code, and screenshots where applicable,this clearly organized reference meets you at the level of yourexperience and takes you to the next level. From a complete ExcelVBA primer to internationalization, advanced debugging techniques,and programming the VB editor, this is your one-stop reference forExcel VBA programming.
What you will learn from this book
- Object-oriented theory and VBA for Excel
- Ways to set up applications and convert them to add-ins
- How to use VB6 and VB.NET with Excel
- Programming to the Windows® API
- Advanced error handling and debugging methods
- Essentials of SQL® as it applies to accessing data withADO
- Interaction with other Office applications and databases
- How to access extensive reference material in downloadable,searchable format
Who this book is for
This book is for Excel users and programmers from beginning toadvanced. You need a reasonable working knowledge of Excel and afull installation of the software.
Wrox Programmers References are designed to give theexperienced developer straight facts on a new technology, withouthype or unnecessary explanations. They deliver hard informationwith plenty of practical examples to help you apply new tools toyour development projects today.