Microsoft InfoPath 2003 helps developers tackle forms-basedinformation-gathering with the full range of XML technologies. Thisbook quickly guides experienced Office and XML developers throughInfoPath fundamentals, including XML form templates architecture,form definition file structure, available external data sources,and backend services. From there, you’ll delve intovalidation and updating forms, both during development and asbusiness needs change. Finally, you’ll examine the InfoPathsecurity model, learning to implement and deploy trusted forms.
The second part of this book is an intensive case study coveringmetadata processing, exporting XML data to Excel for analysis, andmuch more.
What you will learn from this book
- The development options InfoPath makes available through XMLtechnology
- How to combine various form files into a customizedtemplate
- The architecture of an InfoPath form template and the filetypes you can use in various applications
- Ways to build a form interface using menus or objects on thetask pane
- Methods to support users at various levels of experience
- Different means of validating forms and reporting errors
- How to implement digital signatures and other form securitymeasures with InfoPath
Who is this book for?
This book is for experienced corporate developers who have astrong knowledge of XML and related technologies as well as solidexperience with Microsoft® Office and relatedapplications.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by workingprogrammers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, theyaddress the issues technology professionals face every day. Theyprovide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in newtechnologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.