"Finally, a comprehensive and approachable guide to Windows XP!"
--Paul Thurrott, Windows & .NET Magazine
If Windows XP can do it, you can do it too...
If you have just come face to face with your first computer, or if you're new to Windows XP, this desktop reference will boost your confidence within minutes. You will start at the very beginning, learning the basic skills, and then advance at your own pace as you discover the Internet, multimedia features, and finally how to customize and expand your system–when you're ready.
Inside, you'll find what you need to know about Windows XP
- Learn to navigate your computer, understand the terms, and use basic programs
- Begin using the Internet and e-mail, and learn how to protect your system
- Work with cameras, scanners, and photo editing, play music, and use the newest versions of Media Player and Movie Maker
- Organize your work and manage files and folders
- Take advantage of the new features of Service Pack 1
- Customize your desktop and programs to fit the way you work
- Find workarounds, solutions, and tips for solving common Windows XP problems
What's a Desktop Bible?
Wiley Desktop Edition Bibles are power-packed, streamlined versions of the standard Bibles. They include everything you need to know for practical application, concisely written and conveniently designed for day-to-day use.